Posts

Image
  Read more In early February 2026, the quiet halls of the Mamprobi Polyclinic in Accra were transformed into a scene of desperation and outrage. What began as a routine postnatal recovery for a young mother ended in a parent’s worst nightmare: the brazen theft of her four-day-old son. The incident has since triggered a national conversation about hospital security, the vulnerability of new mothers, and the power of community vigilance. The Disappearance: A Calculated Breach On Tuesday,  February 17, 2026 , Precious Ankomah, who was recovering from a cesarean section, was resting in the postnatal ward. According to police reports, a woman—now identified as 33-year-old Latifa Salifu—allegedly entered the ward disguised in a peach-colored nurse’s uniform. Exploiting the mother's state of exhaustion and the ward’s security gaps, the suspect claimed she needed to take the infant for "routine medication." When she failed to return, the facility descended into chaos. CCTV foota...

Deadly Insurgent Attack on Ghanaian Traders in Burkina Faso: A Tragic Blow to Cross-Border Trade

Image
  L In a deeply shocking incident that has resonated across Ghana and the wider West African region,  seven Ghanaian tomato traders were killed  in a militant attack in  Titao, northern Burkina Faso , on  Saturday, February 14, 2026 . The tragedy has raised serious concerns about regional security, the vulnerability of cross-border traders, and the expanding reach of armed insurgent groups in the Sahel.  According to Ghana’s Interior Minister,  Muntaka Mohammed-Mubarak , the group of traders was among  18 individuals  — including ten men and eight women — traveling to Burkina Faso to buy tomatoes when armed insurgents ambushed them. Eyewitness accounts and official statements indicate that the attackers  forced the women off the truck and then opened fire indiscriminately , targeting the men and setting the vehicle ablaze.  By the time rescue efforts could be organized,  seven male traders had been killed , with their bodies su...

Venezuelan President Appears in U.S. Court After Arrest on Drug Charge

Image
NEW YORK — Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro has appeared before a United States federal court following his recent arrest and extradition, according to reports from international media outlets. Maduro was transported under heavy security to a federal courthouse in New York for an initial court appearance. The development marks a rare and significant moment in international criminal proceedings involving a sitting head of state. Background to the Case U.S. prosecutors accuse Maduro of involvement in drug trafficking and related criminal conspiracies. The charges stem from indictments first announced several years ago, alleging that senior Venezuelan officials participated in large-scale cocaine trafficking operations targeting the United States and other international destinations. The case had remained inactive due to Maduro’s position in power and the lack of extradition until his reported arrest. Court Proceedings During the initial appearance, procedural matters wer...

Breaking: U.S. Says Venezuelan President Maduro Captured After Military Strikes

Image
CARACAS, Venezuela —  Venezuelan President  Nicolás Maduro  has reportedly been captured and flown out of the country, U.S. President  Donald Trump  announced early Saturday, following what he described as a large-scale U.S. military operation. In a social media statement, Trump said that U.S. forces carried out a “large-scale strike against Venezuela and its leader” and successfully detained Maduro and his wife. He indicated that a formal statement would be provided later Saturday morning. Explosions and reports of military activity were reported in Venezuela’s capital,  Caracas , and other areas, according to eyewitness accounts. Several blasts were heard near military installations, and low-flying aircraft were observed over the city. Venezuelan Government Response Prior to Trump’s announcement, the Venezuelan government had condemned what it described as  military aggression  by the United States. Caracas declared a  state of emergency ...

Venezuela Declares State of Emergency After Government Blames U.S. for Strikes

Image
  The government of Venezuela declared a nationwide state of emergency on Monday after accusing the United States of carrying out strikes on Venezuelan territory . President Nicolás Maduro announced the decision in a televised address, saying the alleged attacks posed a serious threat to national security and sovereignty . He said the government was activating emergency powers to protect the country and maintain public order . Maduro did not provide evidence to support the accusations during the address. The state of emergency allows the government to expand security measures, including increased military deployment and heightened protection of strategic infrastructure . The United States denied the allegations . A U.S. official said Washington had not carried out any military action against Venezuela. There was no immediate independent confirmation of the claims. Officials did not say how long the state of emergency would remain in effect.

WAEC Releases Provisional BECE 2025 Results The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released the provisional results for candidates who took the 2025 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for School Candidates. The results are now available for all candidates to check online. 🥳

Image
This release marks a critical milestone for the over 600,000 students who sat for the examination in June. The provisional results allow candidates to review their performance and begin the process of school selection and placement into Senior High Schools and Technical Institutes. How to Check Your Results Candidates can access their results online using a results checker card. This can be purchased from various vendors, including online platforms and physical WAEC offices. The process to check your results is straightforward: Step 1: Purchase a Results Checker.  through various online platforms. The card contains a unique Serial Number and a Personal Identification Number (PIN) . Step 2: Visit the WAEC website. Go to the official WAEC Ghana results checking portal: eresults.waecgh.org . Step 3: Enter Your Details. Carefully input your Index Number , select the Examination Type (BECE School), choose the Examination Year (2025), and enter the Serial Number and PIN from your ...

Shatta Wale Detained by EOCO Over Multi-Faceted Financial Crime Investigation

Image
  Accra, Ghana 🇬🇭 – The Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) has detained popular Ghanaian musician Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr., widely known as Shatta Wale, as part of an extensive investigation into alleged financial crimes.  The artist is being questioned in connection with a seized Lamborghini Urus, which EOCO suspects is a proceed of crime, and is facing scrutiny for potential money laundering, possession of proceeds of crime, tax fraud, and tax evasion. The Investigation and Allegations According to sources, Shatta Wale was taken into custody on August 20 to assist with an ongoing probe.  EOCO’s actions are reportedly part of a wider collaboration with international law enforcement agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), focusing on a complex network of financial wrongdoing. The luxury Lamborghini Urus, which was recently seized from the artist, is central to the investigation.   It is suspected to be linked to the criminal enter...

Popular posts from this blog

WAEC Releases Provisional BECE 2025 Results The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released the provisional results for candidates who took the 2025 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for School Candidates. The results are now available for all candidates to check online. 🥳

Check new portal Ghana Education Service (GES) Opens 2025 Promotion Applications

A Shadow Falls on KNUST: Student Death Prompts Deep Investigation